SPI Research, the leading independent technology services research firm, today named the 2015 Best-of-the-Best professional service organizations. Eleven firms outperformed their peers and the benchmark average with significantly higher profit, larger projects and more satisfied clients. The top performers grew services revenue 14.4 percent for the year compared to revenue growth of 9.7 percent for average consulting organizations.
“As powerful as the revenue growth was, we were truly impressed that revenue per employee for the Best-of-the-Best was 33 percent higher than the benchmark”
“As powerful as the revenue growth was, we were truly impressed that revenue per employee for the Best-of-the-Best was 33 percent higher than the benchmark,” pointed out Jeanne Urich, SPI Research Managing Director. “The winning organizations are truly the leaders in the professional services world.”
For the past six years, SPI Research has conducted in-depth analyses of the top 5 percent of PS Maturity™ benchmark participants to uncover the reasons for their superlative performance. Top performers tend to be more specialized than average firms; they concentrate on high growth technologies (Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud) or vertical industries like healthcare. Because of their sterling reputations, a significant portion of their business comes through referrals.
Best-of-the Best Comparison to Average Consulting firms:
Top 11 Firms
|Net Profit (EBITDA)||25.2%||12.2%||107%|
|Year over year revenue growth||14.4%||9.7%||48%|
|Average revenue per project (k)||$252||$185||36%|
|Annual revenue per employee (k)||$216||$163||33%|
|Projects delivered on-time||87.7%||77.8%||13%|
The Best-of-the-Best excel across five critical service performance dimensions: leadership, client relationships, human capital alignment, service execution and finance and operations.
SPI Research announces the 2015 top performers:
1. Logical Design Solutions, Inc. is a strategy and business solutions consulting firm that envisions and designs emerging business ecosystems for the Fortune 500. LDS moves critical business strategies and operations online, using people-centered design approaches, to create online business solutions for market leaders. LDS is a six-time Best-of-the-Best winner.
2. TOP Step Consulting improves business efficiency and productivity for Professional Service operations by providing consulting and implementation services for Professional Services Automation software. TOP Step Consulting is a six-time Best-of-the-Best winner.
3. Campus Management provides software, strategies and services which enable institutions of higher education to offer dynamic models of engagement and delivery. Institutions worldwide utilize Campus Management to unite campuses and workflows, improve student outcomes and achieve goals. Campus Management is a five-time Best-of-the-Best winner.
4. Nexstara is a certified Salesforce and FinancialForce consultancy that combines the best in business strategy and technology to enable its customers to sell, service and market like never before.
5. e4 Services, LLC is a healthcare information technology consulting firm specializing in clinical, hospital information management and revenue cycle services. e4 helps healthcare organizations simplify, manage, implement and transition clinical, health information management, and revenue cycle computer systems, applications, workflow and operations. e4 is a two-time winner.
6. Mxi Technologies is a market and technology leader in providing integrated and intelligent software, support and services to the aviation industry. Mxi Technologies offers a proven solution and a demonstrated approach for aviation organizations that are looking to evolve their maintenance operations.
7. Alternative Technology Solutions brings the best of the cloud to manufacturers through services and solutions designed to make technology faster, smarter, and easier to use. Alternative partners with leading cloud technology providers including Salesforce and NetSuite to build and deliver solutions that meet manufacturers’ needs.
8. Vision Solutions is a premier provider of software solutions designed to protect data, minimize downtime and maximize data center resources. It is the only company to deliver workload migrations, high availability, disaster recovery and data sharing – across multiple operating systems, on any hardware and in any physical, virtual or Cloud-based environment.
9. Netsmart has been delivering technology solutions for healthcare for more than four decades. More than 23,000 client organizations, including more than 450,000 care providers and more than 40 state systems, use Netsmart solutions to help improve the quality of life for individuals.
10. Kainos provides digital technology solutions that enable companies to work smarter, faster and better in three primary markets: Healthcare, Government and Financial Services. Kainos has been operating successfully for more than 28 years, employs over 650 people, with offices in the UK, Ireland and Poland.
11. Pariveda Solutions is a technology strategy and solutions consultancy that focuses on developing exceptional people to solve clients’ most complex and valuable business problems through innovative technology solutions combined with exceptional delivery.
“LDS is honored to be named a “Best-of-the-Best” consulting firm for the 6th year in a row, and is it especially nice to be named #1. We appreciate the value this award places on paying attention to the metrics that drive our consulting firm, and we strive to align to these best practices in our financial operations. Each year we do an exhaustive review of our business and are always looking for ways to improve. The PS Maturity Model™ and five Service Performance Pillars™ provide an important roadmap in this context. We compare our results to the benchmark and identify areas that we can improve even slightly. Each year we find something to work on and the report gives us the courage to do it.”
Bruce Lovenberg, CPA Chief Financial Officer, Logical Design Solutions
The annual benchmark from SPI Research draws on a database of over 1,600 PS organizations to provide an in-depth analysis of PS metrics and performance. For the 2015 report, 220 companies representing more than 63,000 consultants provided input. The complete 2015 PS Maturity™ Benchmark report, which contains 235 insightful charts and tables, is now available for $995.
Service Performance Insight (SPI) is a global research, consulting and training organization dedicated to helping professional service organizations (PSOs) make quantum improvements in productivity and profit. In 2007, SPI developed the PS Maturity Model™ as a strategic planning and management framework. It is now the industry-leading performance improvement tool used by over 10,000 service and project-oriented organizations to chart their course to service excellence.